So HOW DO I APPLY FOR THIS CARBON TRADING?
June 2, 2015 Louisa Kiely
So, we know something about the ‘methods’ now. How many you can benefit from. I’ll have a presentation on each with an expert at the conference.
But, HOW THE HECK do I do this? Well, let me show you.
Here’s an example: –
1. You choose your method (or methods) – Lets say ‘transport method’ to put in a project which will see you invest in improved efficiency equipment – from a stationary pump to new tractors.
2.You’ve researched the BEST and cheapest way to do this – perhaps new equipment, but perhaps a new piece of technology- (see some at the conference expo) – OR You’ve sourced the new stock lick and checked out the cost. –
3. You are working with a project developer, or your local landcare group or others to use buying power to get the best deal. You do the same with the tractor dealership.
4. You calculate the amount of abatement using the equations in the particular methods you’ve chosen – this is a specialized area and you need at least one ‘technical’ person in the team. –
5. You know you have sufficient ‘abatement’ to mount an ERF bid, and/or you may choose to save some carbon to sell elsewhere. –
6. You do the paperwork to apply for a project to the Clean Energy Regulator (CER) . – Once approved, your project goes on the Register of projects – and you are now free to bid your project into the ERF auction – At a price you have decided will be acceptable to you. –
7. If you are successful, you will sign a contract with the Government for delivery of your carbon at an agreed rate over an agreed time frame. – Now you know how much money you have, and when – and can go out and begin your project with confidence. – You’ve already got the best price from the tractor dealership in your preparations. – This can assist in any requirements to obtain other finance.
8. You are now in the position of knowing how much you will get and over how many years. What a great position to be in! Or to sell elsewhere.
As ever, please don’t hesitate to give me a bell with any queries.
I’m on 02 6374 0329.