How do I love thee, oh terrestrial carbon – Let me count the ways
October 15, 2012 Louisa Kiely
So, can a market assist with this ever-present threat? If so, how? As I’ve said before, we’ve supported a market solution because it’s efficient, it drives innovation, and you don’t have to rely on Governments! And, most important of all, it can reward farmers, increase resilience to climate variability and we can keep dollars and jobs in the Regions because if farmers are being rewarded, so will others.
So, join us in a week as we go on the no-obligation journey to a carbon credit. Ask the curly questions, confront both sides of politics with the issues, and see if you think the glass is half full or half empty. We’ll discuss the approved tree methodology – is it worth getting started? How hard is the compliance? Can I do it myself? And every other pressing issue.
In a relaxed and fun atmosphere your education will include many firsts:
- First carbon neutral bulk haulage company explaining how they want to buy from Australian farmers
- First LIVE carbon trade – an Aussie buys Aussie credits.
- First international speaker to give us lessons in soil carbon trade from overseas
- Explore the issues with experts – Trees, soils, nitrous oxide and others.
- First load of compost in a B-Double giveaway – I wish I could win it!
- First demo in Dubbo of a small scale pyrolysis machine – Bringing the machine to your biomass soon!