10 QUESTIONS TO ASK A CARBON ADVISOR AND FIELD DAY PROGRAM ANNOUNCED!
June 25, 2015 Louisa Kiely
Lets be real – this is new and complex at first. You may well want to partner with a Carbon Advisor – A service provider who will assist you to navigate the complexity – often with a business model which ensures they have ‘skin’ in the game. Or negotiate your own way of partnership.
BUT HOW TO FIND A CARBON ADVISOR AND WHAT DO YOU ASK THEM? How do you find out WHAT they know?
Well, Here’s the first 10 questions to ask – Bring these to the conference with you, ask everyone from the Department, to the Administrator to the Speakers, develop more questions as you are there and finish off your education at the Advanced Workshop –
After which, you will have the information you know to move to A PROJECT if you wish. AND the know how of how to enter the Governments reverse auction if you wish.
10 QUESTIONS To ask a ‘Carbon Advisor’.
1. I’ve heard there are a number of Land Sector methods I could use. How do you approach looking at my farm operation? (Basically: Are you a ‘method’ specialist or do you work with more than one method?)
2. Do you advise on what activities I can do under each method you work within?
3. Will you do a cost/benefit estimate? (So you can do a GM analysis on the carbon enterprise).
4. Are you a ‘one stop shop’ or do I need other advisors if so, who? – lawyer, auditor, etc
5. How many years income is there for me? What happens after the contract finishes?
6. Do you take care of all the administration details? What are my up-front costs?
7. How do you get paid? What is the business structure between us?
8. Do you work in Rural and Regional Australia? Will you come to me?
9. Have you any experience in a Carbon Project – CFI/ERF or other? (that doesn’t rule a company out of course)
10. Does your company hold an Australian Financial Services Licence? – This is NOT required in all circumstances, but good to know!
AND THE FIELD DAY PROGRAM IS NOW UP ON THE SITE – MORE ON THAT SOON! Click here to view
This conference is good timing for you to hear from expert speakers and exhibitors, who will help you understand the process!! You can get more information and register online http://www.carbonfarmingconference.com.au
You know the rest – Pick up the phone 02 6374 0329 and