Whole of Farm Carbon Audit
Maximise your earning potential from on farm carbon
Direct Action Webinar
Secure your place in the first of our 4 part series on the new government policy for Direct Action
Thanks for sending through the latest newsletter, following the course in Young I am now much more aware of the situation surrounding carbon and the role farmers may play.
Carbon Farmers of Australia has developed a unique offering in the carbon trading space. We have worked for 7 years straight with the one aim of 'seeing carbon traded and farmers paid fairly for what they grow'. Now its time to bring this to reality. We exist to empower farmers to make their carbon decisions from a position of knowledge and independence.
We de-mystify the Carbon Farming Initiative and trading in carbon credits so all can participate. The principles which drive our business model are as follows:
- Carbon Trading should be accessible for ALL farmers - We offer Plain English training farmers can understand.
- Farmers should be able to maintain their carbon right and sell to whom they wish, when they wish. Or indeed bank them.
- All dealings should be transparent and follow ethical disclosure guidelines - for example, in costs which will be incurred.
- Compliance in this new market is complex, and needs to be managed. Carbon Farmers of Australia
will offer a service to manage compliance while the farmer will maintain their carbon right.
- Knowledge of the system builds the infrastructure for farmer innovation - Carbon Farmers of Australia
encourages full knowledge to facilitate innovation.
- Small and large landholders should have the same opportunities.
- Marketing to Regional customers is encouraged - Keeping as much money in the Regional areas as possible. Many people and companies will be interested in supporting their local farmers. Localism relates to carbon as well.
- We are committed to keeping our farmers in touch and informed with the latest information and breaking news.
For more information on how to begin, view our Getting Started with the Carbon Farming Initiative page.